2021 Annual General Meeting
Thursday, 26 August 2021
Information & Timelines
The Royal Geelong Yacht Club Board wishes to advise Members that it has adopted the following timelines in regards to the 2021 Annual General Meeting.
- Nominations for election to the Board must be lodged by 5.00pm on Thursday, 5 August 2021. Nomination forms are available by contacting the RGYC Office: [email protected] or 5229 3705.
- The election of the Board is to be conducted over two days prior to the AGM, being Tuesday, 24 August 2021 and Wednesday, 25 August 2021: 8.30am to 6.00pm each day.
- Absentee votes are to be received no later than 6.00pm on Monday, 23 August 2021.
- Absentee voting forms will be available from 9.30am on Monday, 16 August 2021. Absentee votes are able to be lodged electronically.
- The outcome of a ballot, if required, is determined as follows;
- Flag Officers: The candidate with the highest number of votes will be declared elected
- Ordinary Members of the Board: The candidate with the highest number of votes for the vacancies available will be declared elected. For example, if there are 3 vacancies, the candidates who poll the highest, second highest and third highest votes will be declared elected.
- The Returning Officer will declare Board Election results to members on the Wednesday night, 25 August 2021, in the clubhouse, subject to COVID-19 restrictions, and electronically Thursday morning, 26 August 2021.
- Notices of Motion must be lodged not less than 28 days before the date fixed for holding the 2021 Annual General Meeting. Notices of Motion must be received by 5.00 pm on Tuesday, 28 July 2021.
Election of the Board 2021/22
In accordance with the provisions of the Rules of the Royal Geelong Yacht Club, nominations for election to the Board to fill the following offices must be lodged with the General Manager by 5.00pm on Thursday 5th August 2021.
For all information regarding the Election of the Board for 2020/21, please click the button below or see HERE.
Philip J Clohesy