Become a Member
Looking for a Club to call yours?
Enrich your lifestyle and reach your full potential by joining our active community at the Royal Geelong Yacht Club. An invigorating and accessible recreational sport, that welcomes participation from people of all ages and abilities.
- Private access to the best Geelong waterfront location and marina
- Priority access to all Club events including Festival of Sails, Wooden Boat Festival of Geelong and Social activities
- On water experiences participating in Summer Twilight Sailing, Aggregate racing and a wide range of Regattas and Cruises
- Unrestricted access to BBQ’s and Club facilities
- Exclusive private access to the Members Lounge and Bar, in which you may sign in up to 6 guests at a time
- Free room hire for private functions
- Members enjoy 10% discount on food, beverages and merchandise purchases at the Club
- Discounts and special deals from RGYC Business partners
- Reciprocal Club rights from yacht clubs locally and overseas
Sailing & Boating
RGYC is home for sailing & boating events including the annual Festival of Sails, biennial Wooden Boat Festival of Geelong, National, State & World Championships, Twilight Sailing and Aggregate racing. There are many opportunities for you to join a crew and become part of the world wide recreational sport of sailing. Training & Courses: The pathway for getting into sailing is made simple with the nationally accredited training programs the RGYC delivers.
Some of these activities/ courses include:
- Sailing Experiences, tailored to suit your time & experiences
- Tackers (Junior Sailing & School Holiday Program)
- Learn to Sail – Start Sailing, Crewing & Helming
- Women’s Sailing
- Power Boat handling
- Sailability (for people of all abilities)
Join a community focused Club offering a waterfront lifestyle and activities, enjoying life to its max! The Club has excellent facilities to entertain guests and meet new people over a relaxed drink in the Members’ Bar.
RGYC offers a diverse social calendar with a range of events including:
- Sunday Summer Sessions
- Twilight Sailing & Club Cruises
- Trivia nights & Pool Competitions
- Family Christmas & New Years Eve on the Mezzanine
- Dinners & Whiskey Tasting
There are varied opportunities to participate throughout the year, both on and off the water. These include Festival of Sails, Wooden Boat Festival of Geelong, Regattas, Sailability program, Yard, Marina and Maintenance assistance, Race Management, Junior Sailing and Social Activities.
Which membership is for me?
Royal Geelong Yacht Club has a range of Membership options available to suit you, whether you are a boat owner, someone wanting to crew or just wanting to take advantage of the Club’s social events and facilities, we have the right membership for you!
For more information and to discuss your options, please contact us on 03 5229 3705 or email [email protected]