What is SailPass: SailPass is a way for people who aren’t already a Member of a sailing club to be eligible to sail in RGYC races. SailPass offers a flexible, accessible and affordable introduction to sailing for people new to the sport and, importantly for SailPass holders and boat-owners alike, provides personal injury insurance cover through Australian Sailing.
A Sail Pass can be used for any RGYC club racing, including Twilight, Saturday and Winter racing. After your 12th use of your Sail Pass, you will need to become an RGYC Member to continue sailing.
And best of all, a Sail Pass at RGYC is completely free. Sail Passes are available via the Memberpoint App or direct from the Club’s Reception on race day – it’s quick, easy and more affordable than participating in just about any other sport.
SAIL PASS BENEFITS
- You get to go sailing – an amazingly fun and adventurous activity – at no cost.
- You get access to our amazing Club for the day
- You receive Member discounts on bar and café purchases.
- Via our Memberpoint app – you can register your details into our crew register and skippers can find you via our app!
- Also via our app, as a Sail Pass member you will have a login and you can find a skipper!!
- You get Australian Sailing personal accident insurance for the day
- Your Sail Pass membership also enables your skipper to sign you on as a “PERSON ONBOARD”
- You get an Australian Sailing number for the day (necessary for all who race)
Please note – it is mandatory that all who sail at RGYC to hold a valid Sail Pass or be a current financial member. The 12 Sail Passes are not each season but accumulate over your lifetime.
How to access your Sail Pass
- Download the Member Point app to your mobile device
- Choose Royal Geelong Yacht Club and complete the sign up process
- Purchase your Sail Pass, and head to the club to go sailing!
A brief instructional video on the use of Memberpoint is available below.