COVID-19 UPDATE – Monday, 27 Sept 2021
RGYC is now open, in line with the State Government’s easing of COVID-19 restrictions for Greater Geelong.
To view all the remaining current restrictions, please see HERE.
RGYC will re-open with a restricted combined capacity limit of 10 indoors and 20 outside. While we are re-opening, we remind Members that you must wear a mask at all times (unless seated while eating or drinking), check in via the QR barcodes, have your I.D. checked when asked and stay home if unwell. If you have any symptoms, no matter how mild, you should get tested for COVID-19.
Sailing & Boating
- Club room access – Not permitted. Toilets and first aid rooms may be used, (no access to showers). Participants are encouraged to come prepared to participate.
- Club Racing – Not permitted.
- Training courses
- Limited to the number required to participate (one parent may stay to supervise).
- Training should only be open to members of your club (no come and try programs).
- Must only use outdoor facilities (no indoor training allowed).
- Must be for exercise purposes.
- Max two people (plus the coach) or max of 4 people from one household if everyone attending who is 18 years or older (and the trainer) has received both of their COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Equipment to be cleaned between uses.
- Recreational Sailing can occur. 20 people per outdoor facility Density Quotas of 4m2 (e.g. 20 people within your yard at once).
*Caps do not apply if 50 metres distance can be maintained between groups outdoors.
Is Australian Sailing mandating vaccines?
Australian Sailing strongly encourages the sailing community to get vaccinated. State and federal governments are currently determining legislation with respect to vaccination, and we will continue to provide guidance as this is updated. The sooner we are all vaccinated, the sooner we can all get back on the water.
Do I need to wear a mask whilst sailing?
Masks should be worn when rigging up and packing up. They can be removed for practical reasons when sailing.
How many people can I have on my boat?
Regional Victoria – under the current restrictions you may have the required number of people to train safely (no spectators or joy rides).
GENERAL COVID-19 INFORMATION
It remains compulsory to register your attendance when arriving at RGYC via the Victorian Government QR barcodes on the signage at all entrances. If you require assistance checking in, please see RGYC reception.
RGYC will also continue managing capacity limits.
To view the latest information from the State Government, please see HERE.
To view the latest information and COVID-19 Updates from Australian Sailing, please see HERE.
To view the RGYC COVID-19 Safe Plan, please click HERE.
Coronavirus Health Information Line: 1800 020 080
Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636
Lifeline Australia: 13 11 14